Mason's Latest Dr's Visit--Finally Some Good News

I took Mason to the doctor's today and his ear infection looks cleared up, so he didn't have to get another shot (would have been his 7th in 10 days). He still has lots of fluid in his ear, which means that it is more likely that he will get another ear infection, though. The doctor said that because he hasn't been able to get rid of the fluid in his ears, and because both Marshall and I had chronic ear infections when we were young, if he gets one more ear infection in the next month he will refer us to an ENT and likely put tubes in his ears. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I more hope that he doesn't get another ear infection.

Last night Mason fell asleep easily at about 8:30 PM and slept all night. In fact, this morning Marshall turned off our alarm at 6 AM and we slept in until almost 7 (oops)! So I think he is feeling a lot better. We had to wait quite a while for the doctor today (we could hear the 5 year old in the next room kicking and screaming to get out of her shots). Mason was crawling all around the room, crawling up these wooden stairs for children to use to get to the examination table. He was fascinated with the sun coming through the window and kept wanting me to lift him up so he could touch the light.

I'm excited for Mason's first Halloween. His Grandma Deb is making him a Lion costume, and Marshall and I are going to be lion tamers (without the whip, of course). My work is having a family halloween party in a few weeks so I'll get to show him off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM