Self-imposed Time Out

I occasionally give Mason time-outs when he is being purposely disobedient and stubborn. What we do is sit him on the stairs, make him fold his arms, and I count to ten. When I am done I tell him to say sorry to whoever he was mean to and then his time out is over. Well, Mason has been refusing to take a nap today (he slept for 5 minutes in the car and thinks he is done), so I told him he could get up for a little while if he promised to stay on the carpet while I washed the kitchen floor. He was really good about it until the very end when he came into the kitchen. I told him to get back on the carpet and he stubbornly said "no!". I said "then you're in trouble young man" and he ran to the stairs, sat down, folded his arms, and said "one, two, three, four, ten. . . sorry mommy" and went back onto the carpet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions