Some Updates
We've had a fun week, and Mason has been extra cute:
* the other day Mason wanted a drink of water but I was feeding Myles and told him to wait a minute. He said "don't worry mommy, I get it. You keep feeding Myles." He went downstairs, got his stool he uses to wash his hands in the bathroom, and took it upstairs. He put it in front of the fridge and put a cup in to get water, but it was turned on the ice function. He screamed "help, the rocks are coming out!"
* last week grandma Delta bought Mason a train called Dennis, but he already had it. So I told him we could take it back to Walmart and trade it for a train he didn't have. He decided he wanted Rosie, so we went to Walmart yesterday. We went up to the customer service desk and Mason gave the man Dennis and said "we want Rosie, not Dennis". The man took Dennis and gave us some money back, which I gave to Mason. As we were walking away, suddenly he started screaming and crying. I asked what happened and he said "that mean man took my Dennis!" I explained that he gave us money to buy Rosie and he said "I not want money, I want Rosie!" I got him calmed down and we went to the back to the store to buy Rosie and. . . she was sold out! So he got Sir Handel instead, which he was very happy for. When we got to the cash register he gave the man his money and said "I not want this money anymore, I want Sir Handel."
* Mason sleeps with a Quail. Seriously. It is this Fisher Price Little People animal that goes with the Zoo and he calls it his duck. The other night I put Myles in bed with Mason while I went to the bathroom and when I came back Mason was crying because he didn't want Myles to sleep there, because that was where his "duck" sleeps. The other morning I was debating getting out of bed, when I heard Mason's door open, then Myles door, then a little hitting noise, and then Myles crying. Then Myles' door shut and Mason came in my room and said "I gave Myles my duck and he cried."
* Mason told his first lie! Not exactly a cause for celebration, but it was kind of cute. His uncle Eric babysat him the other day and when I got home Eric said that Mason said he could watch Thomas on his little dvd player in bed. At about 9:30 I was getting ready for bed and peeked in to check on Mason. He was still awake and watching Thomas! Now, I never let him watch Thomas in bed except very occasionally for naps if he can't sleep after a few hours. So I said "Mason! Turn off Thomas!" and he said "I told uncle Eric mommy lets me watch Thomas in bed, but mommy not let me watch Thomas in bed". The little stinker!
* This isn't exactly funny, but pretty exciting--Myles is sitting! He sits and puts his hands in front of him to balance, and he loves it because he can sit with Mason and play trains.
* the other day Mason wanted a drink of water but I was feeding Myles and told him to wait a minute. He said "don't worry mommy, I get it. You keep feeding Myles." He went downstairs, got his stool he uses to wash his hands in the bathroom, and took it upstairs. He put it in front of the fridge and put a cup in to get water, but it was turned on the ice function. He screamed "help, the rocks are coming out!"
* last week grandma Delta bought Mason a train called Dennis, but he already had it. So I told him we could take it back to Walmart and trade it for a train he didn't have. He decided he wanted Rosie, so we went to Walmart yesterday. We went up to the customer service desk and Mason gave the man Dennis and said "we want Rosie, not Dennis". The man took Dennis and gave us some money back, which I gave to Mason. As we were walking away, suddenly he started screaming and crying. I asked what happened and he said "that mean man took my Dennis!" I explained that he gave us money to buy Rosie and he said "I not want money, I want Rosie!" I got him calmed down and we went to the back to the store to buy Rosie and. . . she was sold out! So he got Sir Handel instead, which he was very happy for. When we got to the cash register he gave the man his money and said "I not want this money anymore, I want Sir Handel."
* Mason sleeps with a Quail. Seriously. It is this Fisher Price Little People animal that goes with the Zoo and he calls it his duck. The other night I put Myles in bed with Mason while I went to the bathroom and when I came back Mason was crying because he didn't want Myles to sleep there, because that was where his "duck" sleeps. The other morning I was debating getting out of bed, when I heard Mason's door open, then Myles door, then a little hitting noise, and then Myles crying. Then Myles' door shut and Mason came in my room and said "I gave Myles my duck and he cried."
* Mason told his first lie! Not exactly a cause for celebration, but it was kind of cute. His uncle Eric babysat him the other day and when I got home Eric said that Mason said he could watch Thomas on his little dvd player in bed. At about 9:30 I was getting ready for bed and peeked in to check on Mason. He was still awake and watching Thomas! Now, I never let him watch Thomas in bed except very occasionally for naps if he can't sleep after a few hours. So I said "Mason! Turn off Thomas!" and he said "I told uncle Eric mommy lets me watch Thomas in bed, but mommy not let me watch Thomas in bed". The little stinker!
* This isn't exactly funny, but pretty exciting--Myles is sitting! He sits and puts his hands in front of him to balance, and he loves it because he can sit with Mason and play trains.
Comments