Our First Cruise
Marshall and I left last Monday for a 4 night cruise. It was so much fun and very relaxing. We flew to LAX early monday morning, and then caught a shuttle to the pier. We left that night for San Diego, where Marshall and I shopped around a bit and then decided to take the train down to Tijuana, Mexico for a cultural experience. I had been there probably 15 years or so ago, and it was actually better than I remembered. It was Marshall's first time in Mexico. One funny thing happened when we were walking down the street. Marshall had his BYU hat on, and one of the shop owners yelled at us to look (we were mostly ignorning the aggressive shop owners). We looked, and he had a painting of Joseph Smith!
The next day we sailed to Catalina Island, where we were tendered into the harbor. Marshall went snorkling while I rented a bike and rode around the island (to work of all that yummy cruise food). We also did a little shopping and explored the town.
The next day we went to Ensenada Mexico, which was a little better than Tijuana. We took a bus to La Boufadora, one of 3 or 4 natural blowholes in the world. It was impressive. Then we just shopped for a little while before taking the bus back to the ship.
While on the ship in the evenings we had a great time. We went to 2 comedy shows and 2 song and dance shows. There was a chocolote buffet at midnight one night, and a Mexican BBQ another day. Unfortunately, I was pretty sea sick both of those times, but Marshall enjoyed them. We had fun watching Karaoke and meeting new friends. The first night we got into the hottub and there was another man and his daughter there. Turns out he and Marshall went to high school together and were in the band together. Then another couple got in the hot tub and we learned they were from Utah and were on their honeymoon!
Here are Marshall and I with our ship, the Monarch of Seas, in the background.

Here is Marshall as we sailed into the Island.
Not quite the same as Titanic. . .

The next day we sailed to Catalina Island, where we were tendered into the harbor. Marshall went snorkling while I rented a bike and rode around the island (to work of all that yummy cruise food). We also did a little shopping and explored the town.
The next day we went to Ensenada Mexico, which was a little better than Tijuana. We took a bus to La Boufadora, one of 3 or 4 natural blowholes in the world. It was impressive. Then we just shopped for a little while before taking the bus back to the ship.
While on the ship in the evenings we had a great time. We went to 2 comedy shows and 2 song and dance shows. There was a chocolote buffet at midnight one night, and a Mexican BBQ another day. Unfortunately, I was pretty sea sick both of those times, but Marshall enjoyed them. We had fun watching Karaoke and meeting new friends. The first night we got into the hottub and there was another man and his daughter there. Turns out he and Marshall went to high school together and were in the band together. Then another couple got in the hot tub and we learned they were from Utah and were on their honeymoon!
Here are Marshall and I with our ship, the Monarch of Seas, in the background.
Comments