More Ear Infections

Myles and Mason both have another ear infection (or maybe the same one as a month ago but it never healed). I took them to the doctor's last night because Mason was really fussy and I was concerned about Myles' cough. By the time we got to the dr's office, Mason was in a great mood, talking and bouncing off the walls. I felt so embarrased for taking him to the after-hours care when he obviously was fine. But the doctor looked in his ears and asked how much pain medication I had given him. I replied that he hadn't had any all evening, the doctor said he was surprised Mason wasn't screaming because his ear drum was bulging and was about to burst. He then looked at Myles, who was having a coughing fit and could hardly breath. The doctor had to keep sitting him up and patting his back so he could get a breath. I asked what I should do about the cough and he said "the cough is the least of your worries, he has a horrible ear infection." So they are both on antibiotics again and it should take care of both of their ear infections plus Myles' bronchitis. They both slept pretty well last night and didn't seem to be in pain this morning, which is a relief. The doctor said we should definately consider putting tubes in their ears since they keep getting these stupid ear infections.

So. . .it looks like I'll be going to Pullman to visit Scott and Annie alone on Thursday. I was planning on taking Myles, but the doctor said it wouldn't be a good idea with their ear infections. If they are still in pain I'll stay home, but if they keep getting better it looks like Marshall will get his chance to take care of both kids on his own. Can anyone say payback?! :)

Comments

The Goates Herd said…
I am seriously so sorry to hear about the boys. It sounds like they're taking it in good form though. Give them my love!

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions