Roseola Anyone?

So now I'm thinking that all along what Myles had was Roseola. When I picked up Myles from his babysitter Kira's today, she pointed out that both her son Colin and Myles had matching rashes on their backs, stomachs, and foreheads that had just developed that day. She looked it up online while I called the doctors and it looks like it is Roseola. I don't know if that explains everything because I think the fact that he had a nasty ear infection and the antibiotics upset his stomach contributed too, but the information online totally matches his symptoms all the way through. It also explains why Colin's symptoms matched Myles' every day they were sick. So at this point it is not contagious, though it is very contagious before symptoms start. The rash is nothing to worry about unless it continues longer than a few days. It is nice to have an explanation, and is especially nice to think that it probably wasn't a kidney stone.

Comments

Juliet said…
Still too bad he was so sick and upset, but I guess that means you're at the tail end of it. Awesome!
Very good it wasn't a kidney stone, that woulda been worse. I told a friend of ours that my cousins baby had probably passed a kidney stone the other day. She's a NICU nurse with a Master's Degree. And she said, "What??? Well, I've never heard of that happening to a baby before, but if thats what the pediatrician told her.... ok." So you're probably right about Roseola.
Emily said…
Roseola is such a wierd illness. Even if you've been through it before with another child, it still kind of sneaks up on you because you're trying to consider all the possibilities (teeth, ear infection, why this high fever, etc.) and you don't recognize it until the rash breaks out and it's pretty much over. Good job hanging in there. It's tough when they are so cranky and miserable all day, every day.

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM