Soccer Lessons

This was one of those times I really wish I had taken my camera. I took this picture before we left the house for his first soccer lesson. He was crying because I told Myles to show the babysitter his trains and Mason was worried Myles would "mess them up". I'll take pictures next week, but this was really the funniest thing I've ever seen. Picture about 20 3 and 4 year olds playing soccer, which was completely new to most of them. They do a warm up (3 year old jumping jacks are hilarious; half of them fell over touching their toes). Then they practiced kicking, dribbling, and throwing in. Then the soccer game. . .CRAZINESS. So 20 kids chasing after one ball in all directions, and every 30 seconds or so a kid would come running off the field crying to their mommy or daddy. Well, except Mason who refused to participate! He didn't want to get in the mess of kids and just wanted to sit on my lap and watch. I told him that if he went and tried to kick the ball once I would go get him some water and he could watch the rest of the time. So Mason stood up, and ran over to where all the practice balls were sitting unattended, kicked one, and then came back and demanded his water.

I think Mason will really like soccer, and he says he will play the game when his daddy comes with him, which will hopefully happen next week. I've noticed that Mason has no problem in groups of under about 10 people or groups where he is the oldest. He'll introduce himself and fit right in. But in bigger groups he tends to shy away from things and be kind of shy, so soccer will be a good place for him to work on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions