Things We Did Over Thanksgiving Weekend

We spent most of Wednesday through Sunday in Delta with Marshall's family and had a great time. Here are some of the highlights (captions above the pictures):

Took baby ponies for a walk (in their car seats and snugglies) Myles freaked out after waiting in line 30 minutes to see Santa Claus.

Mason told Santa he wanted Bullseye (from Toy Story) and Stanley (a train)

Myles fell asleep waiting in line to see Santa.

Played with cousins at the festival of trees

Saw a Christmas tree decorated with deer horns.

Kissed the same snow man 10 million times.
Played with all the Jones cousins (even the ones not pictures here)
Saw a Santa Claus parade and Santa riding in a fire truck

Had a tea party with the cousins

Stayed up WAY too late playing games (this especially goes for Myles who rarely made it to bed before midnight)

Helped Marshall's dad build his new house (okay, this was just Marshall but he worked HARD and decided he is very glad he doesn't do this for a living)

Had a family back-hoe ride (yes, all four of us)
Ate a yummy Turkey (Mason was so ecxited for Thanksgiving dinner then saw what it was and said "ew, I don't want That for Thanksgiving dinner!)
Also. . . .
I worked in a quilting store during a busy hour when they didn't have enough help where my mother-in-law works.
I finished two Christmas quilts.
I made 100 gift tags.
I found 3 misspelled signs in 3 blocks in Delta
We had "boy cheese sandwiches" because Mason refused to eat "girl cheese sandwiches"
We decorated our house for Christmas
Whew. . .when Marshall and I got married he told me that Delta was the best place to take a vacation because one day there feels like a week. Well, we spent four days there and probably did more fun things than 4 weeks in Provo!

Comments

Amy said…
Wow, Melissa, what a fun trip!! I'm sure you're completely exhausted! I'm very impressed that you got your quilts done, way to go :) Thanks for sharing the pics :)
Oh--and I got a pedicure and facial--thanks Deb!
The Goates Herd said…
Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to see you all at Christmas!
Anonymous said…
Love the "boy cheese sandwiches." Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend. We hope everyone is well! Love the Maynes

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions