Why Everyone Needs a Mother-in-Law like Mine
I often joke with Marshall that the best thing about being married to him is his mother. You really couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law. Marshall left for Denver Friday morning and won't be back until tomorrow night. I teach a class Saturday mornings and so I asked my mother-in-law if she would be in town to watch the kids for a few hours. Well, instead she came up Friday morning at 7:30 AM and took the kids to play with their cousins while I went to a meeting at work and then went up to Salt Lake to have lunch and shop with my cousin Christina. Then she took them to Delta and they have spent the day seeing "baby Jesus" in the park, taking backhoe rides, and playing with their cousin William. I was expecting them back today but my mother-in-law called to ask if she could keep them for another day. The kids love her to death and love nothing more than a trip to grandma's house which helps so much to alleviate the guilt I sometimes feel for letting them go for so long. While I love my kids to death and miss them like crazy, I have also had an incredibly productive weekend. My house is clean, Christmas shopping (almost) done, Relief Society assignments complete, grading completed, finals written, Christmas cards ready to mail out, neighbor gifts ready to deliver, and bills are all paid. Tommorrow Marshall and the kids will come home to a well-rested mom and wife all thanks to my mother-in-law.
Comments