A Whine-Free Post

I realized talking to my brother last night that all I've been doing lately is whining and feeling sorry for myself. So today I'm going to try really hard not to whine or complain and to just be grateful for what I have. And because I'm spending the day in bed recovering from going to work yesterday (that doesn't count as whining, does it?) I'm going to blog about it.

You see this picture of the incredibly handsome man above? The one holding the cute baby? Well, he is the best man in the UNIVERSE!! Just when I thought I loved him more than I could ever imagine, his Prince Charming-ness reveals itself like never before. This last week he has been an absolute SAINT and I can't imagine a better husband.

As an example, I was so intent on going to work on Monday even though he thought I was crazy for trying, so on Sunday night after he fed the kids dinner and put them to bed, he helped me take a bath (it sounds easy but I couldn't move much so he had to help a lot), washed my hair, blow-dried it for me, and helped me get into my pajamas. Then in the morning he woke up early so he could get ready for work before the kids woke up, made eggs for everyone, fed the kids, brought me breakfast in bed, got the kids dressed, cleaned the house (he's kept the house perfectly clean all week), packed lunches for both of us, and then got the kids off to the babysitters. He then helped me straighten my hair, get dressed for work, helped me get into the car, and then drove me to work. When we got there he carried in my purse, heating pad, and pillow, filled my water bottle, and kissed me goodbye before heading to his own work an hour late. That day he left work early because someone was coming to see the house and he had forgotten to make Mason's bed, and then took care of everything last night including picking me up from work and bringing me dinner in bed. ALL WHILE KEEPING THE HOUSE PERFECTLY CLEAN! And everyday this last week has been just like this or even more demanding for him. But the kids are perfectly happy and he has more patience with them then I could ever imagine having (for example, this morning the boys had a horrible screaming/wrestling match over who got to wear the Thomas shirt and Marshall somehow settled it before the babysitter came). I know that if our roles were reversed I would be complaining and resenting him for not being able to do anything, but whenever I apologize or thank him he just kisses me and says "that's what husbands are for" and asks if he can get me anything else.

So, loyal blog readers, I am asking for your help. What can I do to show him how much I appreciate everything he has done this week? I keep promising him that as soon as I am back on my feet I am going to host the nerdiest, longest video-game party for him and his brothers and not complain at all about him playing violent games as much as he wants. But in the meantime, what do you think (keeping in mind I really can't get around)? Are there any cool new gadgets your husbands have that you think my husband would like (and that I could order online without him noticing too big of hole in our bank account)? Any ideas?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Melissa, its Carl! I dont have a blogger, but this post compels me. I feel it my duty as a family nerd to contribute to this.

Ok, so what we should know is what type of stuff does he already have? Both for the purpose of not suggesting things he owns, and theorizing good accesories.

and by the way, he is awesome.
Hey Carl! Good to hear from you. He has really strong computers and likes shoot-em-up computer and wii games. Any suggestions?
Sarah said…
cute post :) i will have to enlist in the assistance of my one-and-only-xbox-addict to see what he recommends! i'm sure he'd think the video game party sounds dreamy...
Anonymous said…
I don't know much about the Wii, but I know a few games he might like for the PC.

Some of the best I know about are

Left 4 Dead (cooperative Shooter, of the zombie movie persuasion)

Bioshock (Creepy shooter, which I hear many good things about)

My personal Favorite is Team Fortress 2. kind of a goofy Cartoony shooter.

Most of these are in the 40-60 range. If thats too much, I suggest either hitting Ebay, or seeing if Mason and Miles have gathered another 30 or so dollars in change.

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM