Thanks For the Advice! Keep it coming. . .
We got through both inspections and appraisals yesterday and are feeling a million times better. The kids are spending the weekend in Delta which has left Marshall and I with the opportunity to catch up on sleep, get our hair cut (and mine colored) and shop for the appliances and furniture we hope to one day be able to afford for our new house. We've also packed quite a few more boxes and are feeling like we are finally on top of everything. We reserved the moving truck (thanks mom--I was going to wait another week and she said do it right away and she was right, they were almost out of trucks).
We feel very blessed that our house passed the inspection because the inspector we hired for the house we bought was the most thorough in town and found things that for sure would have come up on our house if he had been here instead. There are a few small things we need to fix on the new house to prevent water damage years down the road, and one more major thing that we are really hoping they can fix before we move in (or give us the money to hire someone to fix it). But all in all we are feeling relieved to have this week over with.
We feel very blessed that our house passed the inspection because the inspector we hired for the house we bought was the most thorough in town and found things that for sure would have come up on our house if he had been here instead. There are a few small things we need to fix on the new house to prevent water damage years down the road, and one more major thing that we are really hoping they can fix before we move in (or give us the money to hire someone to fix it). But all in all we are feeling relieved to have this week over with.
Comments
I had do our last move by myself since David moved a month before we did. My strategy was to do it room my room, closet by closet. I would finish a whole room before I would start on another. I packed a suitcase for each person that had everything they needed for 1-2 weeks. I only kept a laundry basket of toys out which the kids didn't seem to care about since they found all the boxes fascinating.
Pack the Kitchen last and then unpack it first because it ends up being home base. I am sure you guys will do great. Let me know if you need any help!