Busy Week

It has been a busy week since we moved into the new house. On Wednesday my parents came from Canada and stayed until this morning. They were here for my grandparents' 60th anniversary and grandma's 80th birthday party at the Grand America last night. It was a great affair. Mason learned a poem to recite and has been practicing a few weeks. He was so excited to finally perform it into the microphone and did a great job. Then Myles ran up to me as I was toasting my grandparents and I lifted him up thinking he just wanted his mom. Nope! He promptly recited the first verse of the poem into the microphone. He just picked it up from listening to Mason. Smart boy. My dad took a video of the whole thing so hopefully I'll be able to post it.

I've made a lot of progress on the house this week, mostly thanks to my parents who helped unpack a lot of boxes. My problem now is what to do next. For the last two years we have been saving every penny, not making any big purchases like furniture because we knew that when we bought a new house we would want that money to put as a down payment and to make the big purchases. So now that we actually have extra money to spend on things like painting and furniture, I am having the hardest time spending it. Part of it is the habit we've developed of saving every penny and part of it is not trusting myself to choose paint colors and furniture that I will be happy with long-term. So I'm working on it and am hoping I can rope my sister into helping me make choices (which is hard since she is an hour away). So I'm imagining the house will progress slowly, although my goal is to have everything the way I want it by the time the baby is born the beginning of August.

Comments

merideth said…
i love that kind of stuff... too bad i am not closer. it was fun seeing you and your family. that was really cute when myles did that.

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions