Catching Up

I have so much to blog about (Myles' birthday, open house, hopefully new car) but really quickly I want to document a conversation I had with Mason. He is obsessed with wanting a "real dog" and this is a recent conversation:

Mason: Mom, I really, really, really want a real dog.
Me: I know honey, but they are a lot of work
Mason: I'll take care of it. I'm a hard worker.
Me: I know you are, but we are going to have a new baby and that is a lot of work too.
Mason: But Mommy, I'll just put it down for lots of naps.
Me: The dog?
Mason: No, the baby
Me: But Mason, we would need a fence but we don't have one. And they are expensive.
Mason: But I have a really really big wallet with lots of money in it, so I'll buy a fence.
Me: But the dog will poop outside and we will step in it.
Mason: I'll teach it to go potty in the potty.
Me: Dogs go potty outside.
Mason: Then I'll build a little fence where it can go potty and we won't step there.
Me: Mason, I know you want a dog, but I'm allergic to them. They give me ear infections.
Mason (incredulously): MOM!! You don't EAT IT!!!
Me (laughing): Mason, we'll talk about it when you are eight (no idea why I picked that age).

Comments

Amber said…
I have to say that is funny. That Mason is a clever one.
Christina said…
LMAO.. he is right. you don't eat them and you can build a little kennel for it with a heated pad inside (you can buy them pre-made pretty cheaply) The dog can sleep outside. I know a great labradoodle up for adoption right now.. they don't shed (like Taffy) but are a normal dog size like a lab.. Its older so nicer and mellow.. doesn't need as much work as a puppy. I think Mason needs a dog.. =c) I'll even bring it down.
Thanks but no thanks Christina! I think we have a few more years before we are ready for a dog! We'll just have to come visit Marley more often.

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM