Boy am I glad to Post a Happy Ending!

After agonizing about the decision, yesterday I agreed to let KSL interview my dad and Marshall on camera. It was a hard decision for me because I feel like there is a fine line between exploiting your child for publicity and sharing our experience of receiving a miracle. I feel like my family had some very sacred experiences and received some amazing tender mercies in the last week that couldn't be captured in a 30 second news-byte. But in the end I felt like KSL would treat us respectfully and they ran the story last night on the 10 PM news.

It is a good story, but I'm left feeling like it didn't quite capture all of the miracles. Aside from all the qualified personnel, it was Marshall pointing him out in the lake, my dad making the devestating decision to leave Mason and get the boat, Marshall knowing how to do CPR correctly, and all the prayers we received that helped us get to this outcome.

Anyway, here is the news clip.

Video Courtesy of KSL.com

Comments

The Goates Herd said…
You know, for a thirty second news clip, I thought they did a pretty good job. Well done dad and Marsh
Jean Dean said…
Welcome Home! Melissa, I hope you have a chance to get a few really good naps in this month before your new one arrives. Mason looks great. Glad to hear the extent of Marshall's injuries and hope he will be back to 100% soon. The news story was done well. I hope you keep a journal entry that tells the "rest of the story" (The parts that are too personal to share on camera)
Marie said…
Wow, Melissa! I just read over the whole account. I am so glad that everything is looking good for your little man. What a scarey experience for everyone. Wow.
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad that you were able to post a happy ending! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers continually. I'm grateful for the blessings you have received.
Thanks for sharing the news clip. Good luck in the days ahead!
Megan
Anonymous said…
As Mason's grandpa and Melissa's dad I wish to thank all those friends, family, neighbors, ect who have rallied behind this young family in their new neighborhood during this event. We are going back to Canada tomorrow and are grateful for all of you.
Grandpa Goates
Jennifer Bowman said…
I agree with someone else on here, for a 30 second clip they did a good job. It brought me to tears, what a miracle. So glad he is ok!

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM