Shots, shots, and more shots!

The camera on my iphone is broken and can't find our regular camera, so no picutres for a while :(

Yesterday all three boys went to the pediatrician's. I asked Marshall to come with me because I was worried about handling all three boys getting shots, and I'm glad he came because it was a little hectic. First of all, we love our pediatrician but he is consistently running WAY behind, even yesterday when we were his first appointment of the day. So we waited in the tiny room for about an hour.

Max had his 2 month check-up and is super-healthy. He weighed in at 10lbs 15oz and is in the 30th percentile (I don't remember height). He was supposed to get 3 shots but since the other two boys had moderate reactions to their 2 month shots I asked if we could slow it down so he got 2 yesterday and will get the other next time. He screamed for about 20 seconds and then was fine until after his four hour nap when he woke up and SCREAMED for about 30 minutes. Now, I know babies scream and cry, but Max has never cried for more than about 30 seconds when he is hungry and I had no idea that he had lungs like that. I panicked and called the nurse who said to give him tylenol and a warm bath and that seemed to do the trick. Now he is back to his calm, wonderful self. He has started giggling which is so dang cute.

Mason had a check-up for his lungs because of the cold he had a few weeks ago. Because his lungs are a little damaged from his accident they wanted to see him back to check on him. This was the first time our regular pediatrician had seen Mason since his accident but he had heard all about it and was so happy to see Marshall and Mason doing well. Mason was doing great, has gained a few pounds (34 now!) but his hematocrit was still low and the doctor thought he was looking like he had palor (but they always say that about our pale kids) and so he started him on iron suppliments. Mason got a flu shot and was FURIOUS and talked about it all day.

Myles saw Mason and Max get their shots but just climbed up on the table, pulled down his pants, and lay down without a problem. He screamed for about 5 seconds and then was fine. Mason and Myles are just so different. Mason is neurotic, serious, and worried just like his mom was at that age (okay, maybe still am), and Myles is just casual, full of humor, and hyper, just like his dad was at that age. But they get along so well and are the best of friends. Can't wait to see more of Max's personality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions