Before and After MRI
Mason had a follow-up MRI of his brain this morning and it started out great. We got there and found out he didn't need an IV! Instead they had him drink some medicine that the nurse guaranteed would knock him out within 20 minutes. He said he would only drink it if it was mixed in dirt and the nurse called him on his bluff by bringing him a cup full of crushed oreos. Well, an hour after drinking the medicine he was no where close to asleep. . .but he was pretty high! He was running around the room crying "I'm flying. . .I don't want to fly. . .help me land." Then he got mad at me saying that I keep waking him up. After about 2 hours they brought the IV in but before hooking it up thankfully checked with the pharmacist who said they couldn't to the versid (sp?) because it would interact with what they already gave him. So they gave him another dose of the medicine and within seconds he was knocked out.
Fortunately they were able to fit him back into the MRI schedule much later than anticipated and he mostly stayed asleep the whole time. Once back to the room he slept for another hour and then I was able to wake him up to take him home. However, when he tried to get up he was so dizzy he fell right down. So he got a wheelchair ride to the car.
Comments