Weekend at the Spa
A few months ago a great deal came across TravelZoo for the Green Valley Ranch and Spa near Las Vegas. I recognized the name and talked to Marshall and quickly booked for a random weekend. We thought we would take the kids down and let them swim in the pool and have fun. But as the weekend approached and we decided we would leave Max with Grandma Delta, the other boys started complaining that they would rather stay in Delta than come with us. So we ended up leave all three boys with their Grandma for the weekend and took off Friday morning for the Spa.
On the way we stopped at Snow Canyon near St. George and went hiking. It was beautiful hiking weather and we loved it.


When we made it to the resort we were blown away--even more beautiful than I imagined. And, might I add, getting a great deal always makes things better. We got our luxurious room for $85 a night and got a $25 resort credit for each night as well that was good for the spa and food. What a deal! We spent some time at the pool relaxing, and I got a massage and spent part of each day in the spa sauna and hot tub. We were amazed at how relaxing it all was.

The casino gave us $3 of free game play each and we tried our hand at the Poker slots. We did alright for a while (though never making more than $4) but after about 20 minutes we each lost it all. Lesson learned.
Me after losing it all.
On the way we stopped at Snow Canyon near St. George and went hiking. It was beautiful hiking weather and we loved it.

When we made it to the resort we were blown away--even more beautiful than I imagined. And, might I add, getting a great deal always makes things better. We got our luxurious room for $85 a night and got a $25 resort credit for each night as well that was good for the spa and food. What a deal! We spent some time at the pool relaxing, and I got a massage and spent part of each day in the spa sauna and hot tub. We were amazed at how relaxing it all was.
The casino gave us $3 of free game play each and we tried our hand at the Poker slots. We did alright for a while (though never making more than $4) but after about 20 minutes we each lost it all. Lesson learned.We also went down to the Ceasar's Palace Forum shops and I was THRILLED to find a massave H&M store. I went to a number of these in Europe last summer but hadn't found one in the States yet. I spent over an hour in there and came away with some spectacular buys for me and the boys. Another side note--it is great to have lost some weight and be shopping in trendy stores.
Comments