Myles the Stinker


Can I just say how much I love Myles? And how much he DRIVES ME NUTS sometimes? The kid has more energy than I can ever imagine having, and I don't think I've ever seen him sit completely still. Sunday Marshall was out of town and I was on my own for church. I was substituting doing the music in Primary, Mason was giving a talk, and Myles was saying the prayer. And the thing I was most worried about was Myles' prayer. I don't think I've ever heard him say a prayer that hasn't included something very unorthodox like "please bless that Mason's head with explode" or "please bless that Max's eyes will fall out." He adores his brothers, but knows just how to make them upset. So we survived getting everyone ready for church, getting the primary music set up, and we even (mostly) survived Sacrament meeting with just me and the three boys (though the people sitting in front and behind us might wonder). But then we walk into Primary and Myles walks right up to his Sunbeam teacher from last year and stomps on her foot and punches her and then just keeps going and sits in his chair! She ran right over to me and started lecturing me on how to discipline my child and how terrible he is, which irritated me, but I had to get going with the music as she stared me down the rest of Primary. NOT FUN! Then as I was doing singing time Myles got furious that I wasn't picking him and ran up and started taking his turn anyway. It is pretty hard to keep 50-plus 3-7 year olds calm and entertained while also trying to keep your own son from destroying your posters and game. Anyway, we barely survived church and when we got home I sat down with Myles to discuss his "bad choices". We talked about what he could do to make it right and on his own he came up with writing a note to his teacher. He told me to write "Today I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry. I will try harder to make good choices." Then on his own note to her, he wrote "I'm sorry. I secretly love you".  When I asked him about the "secretly love you" part he said that he loves her but doesn't want her to know so he acts like he hates her. The kid can talk his way out of anything. Anyway, I love that the Primary theme this year is "Choose the Right" because that is going to become our family theme as well and I can tell I am going to need to drill it into Myles.

I think I liked his behavior in Primary better last week:

Myles sleeping in Primary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM