I've said it before and I'll say it again: we have the best babysitter in the universe. On Friday while I was at work, our babysitter Hannah put together a leprechaun hunt for the boys. It started with them finding that the leprechaun had used the toilet and then left behind a note telling the kids the next place he went. Every time they thought they caught up to the leprechaun there was another note and little colored marshmallows leading them on a chase. When I got home there were about 5 neighbor kids who had also joined in the hunt in our yard and they had been hunting for three hours!
 |
| Did you know leprechauns even pee green? I had no idea. The kids begged and begged for me to never flush the toilet and promised they would use the other toilets in the house, but in the middle of the night Mason forgot and flushed. |
 |
| Myles and the babysitter's son Ari. They had on leprechaun war paint to help them find the little guy. |
 |
| Mason and his buddy Seth. |
 |
| The original leprechaun hunting tribe, including Hannah our amazing nanny. |
That evening Mason and Myles could not stop talking about how the leprechaun got away and that tonight was the only chance they would have to catch him. Mason asked if we could look on the computer to see if anyone knew of a way to catch leprechauns, and using a few ideas from online, this is what he came up with:
 |
| It is a hastily made cake with a hole in the middle. It has green frosting to attract the leprechaun and a rainbow leading up to the top. The hole in the top is very loosely covered with tin foil. The leprechaun is lured in by the rainbow and the gold on top, but his weight is too much and he falls into the hole and can't get out. The kids were positive it would work, but weren't too disappointed when in the morning there was a little ramp the leprechaun made of foil to get out of the hole, little footprints out of the cake and across the counter, and a note saying "You tried to trick me! Can't catch me!" All day the kids were scheming about how they will build a better trap next year. |
On Saturday (St. Patrick's Day)
we had our traditional green pancakes with eggs and bacon. Poor little Max still refuses to eat green pancakes and kept crying "I want mine yellow." It took covering them with whipped cream to convince him to eat them!
 |
| I don't know why this picture is so blurry. Probably because I need a new iphone. . .right? |
Comments