I've been in NYC this last week for a conference and have had a great time. The conference was just mediocre, but hanging out in the city was fantastic. There were a number of my friends from work here as well and so we got to do some fun things:
• see Avenue Q on Broadway
• see The Book of Mormon Musical (again)
• attend a live taping of The Daily Show (one of my favorite shows ever)
• shop at Macy's, Century 21, Broadway, 5th avenue, and SoHo
• spend time wandering (okay lost in) Central Park
• eat yummy pizza in little Italy
• watch street performers in Washington Square
• browse the stalls in Chinatown
• see the Ground Zero memorial under construction
• visit Zuccotti Park where the Occupy Wall street protests began
• eat amazing Thai, Indian, and South African food
Now I'm waiting all afternoon at JFK airport. I was hoping to get on an earlier flight but there were no seats. I miss my kids!!!!
 |
| The arch at Washington Square park. While I was there I watched some hilarious performers. |
 |
| Ground Zero |
 |
| NYU--The University I would have loved to attend in another life. |
 |
| Central Park. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get lost there! |
 |
| Waiting to get into the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. There were no pictures allowed inside so this is as close as I could document. It was a hilarious show and I was so glad I could attend! |
 |
| Jack Sparrow made out of legos at the Toys R Us store in Times Square. I sent this picture to Mason. |
 |
| The memorial to emergency workers at ground zero. |
 |
| Me squinting in Central Park. There were some beautiful days while I was in NY. |
 |
| The Belvedere Castle in Central Park. I've always wanted to check this out. |
 |
| One of the few times I wished I had my kids with me in NYC. Myles would have loved to see Mario. But the rest of the time I was thinking how glad I was that I didn't have my kids with me while trying to navigate the subway, busy sidewalks, etc. Makes me really appreciate living in a less populated area! |
 |
| Columbus Circle in NYC. I was on a quest to find some cute TOMS (shoes) and found them at the Whole Foods here. |
 |
| Me in Times Square. Our hotel was right on 7th Ave and 53rd Street which was right in Times Square. It was nice and close to the Subway, the Broadway theatres, and lots of shopping. |
 |
| In addition to seeing Avenue Q, I got to see The Book of Mormon Musical again. Of course it is sold out until the spring of 2013, but some of my colleagues really wanted to see it and so we stood in the cancellation line for about 2 hours and barely made it in. I have to say, it was even funnier the second time around, especially surrounded by my colleagues from BYU laughing their heads off! |
Comments