Myles' Kirby Party

Last month when Myles told me that he wanted a Kirby party for his birthday I tried everything I could to change his mind. I suggested Star Wars, Batman, and even a Mario Party.  But nope, Myles knows what he wants. There are absolutely no Kirby party supplies out there, so I had to be a little creative. The biggest thing Myles insisted on was that EVERYTHING had to be pink. He wanted pink balloons, pink tables, pink cake, and pink food. When I was checking out with the pink balloons and tablecloths at Walmart the clerk said "oh, are you having a party for your little boy?" and was pretty surprised when I said "nope, for my little boy."
Meet Kirby. We used this picture and a picture of Myles playing his DS to create a cute PINK invitation.

When we went to Delta a few weeks ago Myles' cousins were sewing these little Kirby dolls. I made 12 of them to go in the party guests treat bags along with pink bubbles.
The toughest task was Myles insistance that he wanted a Kirby pinate. I am really not a pinata making kind of mom, but I would do anything to make this sweetheart smile, and so Sunday morning he and I watched a little youtube video on making pinatas and dug right in.
I don't have a final picture but it was cute once it was painted and it looked just like Kirby. Myles and his cousins loved the pinata.
Hannah (nanny) and I made 50 of these little cake pops for Myles to take to his preschool classes for his birthday.
This is a terrible picture, but on Monday we had a little party with Seth (his friend he is babysat with him) and Ari (the nanny's son).
Myles wanted the room to look like "Kirby's Dreamland" and truthfully I have no idea what he is talking about. But I winged it and after he went to bed I put little Kirby balloons with speech bubbles from the front door leading the way to "Kirby's Dreamland" and then put this sign up. The room was as pink as a little princess party. About 40 pink balloons, pink tablecloths, dishes of pink candy, pink, pink, pink. When Myles woke up in the morning he was thrilled and declared it "looks just like Kirby's Dreamland!" Whew.
Again, terrible picture, but that morning we opened his presents from his family. He is pretty easy to please in this way--he got a dollar store tube that he wanted, Snickers (he is the only kid not allergic to peanuts and adores Snickers), Lucky Charms (which he believes they only sell in Delta so he was shocked I found them for him), and a DS case and stylus.

I made a delicious chocolate cake and then had a little crisis when it was time to decorate it and ran out of time. Luckily Hannah is an excellent cake decorator and got it done! She is really amazing and it turned out much better than I ever could have made it.

We made all these Kirby balloons and Myles was in heaven.

For lunch that day we had 5 of his little friends over AND their moms. I thought inviting the moms was the smartest idea I've ever had. This way I didn't have to reign in all the kids myself. They also brought whatever younger siblings were there so we had a fun crowd. For this party Myles wanted to eat lunch and make cotton candy and the pink cotton candy was a hit.

At lunch the kids ate the cake pops and the moms ate my delicious pink angel food cake.

The evening of his birthday we had his grandma and grandpa Delta and a lot of the Jones aunts, uncles, and cousins. Myles was so excited all day for his birthday to have his cousins over for his party. I think he is just so lucky that we live close to so many cousins and that he considers them his very best friends. His grandma Delta made him an explorer vest with a ton of pockets with treats in it, some toy camping gear, and a tough boy tent. He loves it all and this morning I found him looking out the window at a bird with his binoculars. He always tells me "I love you almost as much as I love Grandma Delta" and I think that is about as good as I can hope for.

This is my happy boy getting ready to blow out his candles. I think Katie in the background plugging her ears is so funny. We were pretty loud.  

I wish I had gotten a better picture of the pinata before they broke it. As I was making it Marshall kept telling me to put more layers on so it ended up being a really tough pinata. Myles was in heaven hitting it and thought everything was hilarious. It took so long to break we even had to take a potty break!
One other thing Myles wanted was a Kirby costume and a pink shirt for his party. Well, turns out it is pretty hard to find a pink shirt for a little boy (even a light pink girls' shirt was impossible), and I had told him that I couldn't make a Kirby costume. But Sunday night I got an idea of how I could make a Kirby costume pretty easily using a hula hoop so I quickly put one together. He was pretty impressed and I think we have his next Halloween costume! I'll post pictures of that later.
All in all it was a great birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM