Arches National Park
We went on a little family trip to Moab and Arches National Park Friday-Sunday and had a great time. Each day we hiked, swam, then hiked some more. The kids had a blast and we got to see some beautiful places. Here are some highlights.
I sort of apologize for all the pictures, but not really :)
![]() |
| Double Arch |
![]() |
| Marshall in an arch. |
![]() |
| Max enjoying swimming |
![]() |
| The boys. |
![]() |
| Poor Marshall was sick on our drive back Sunday. This is one of the dozen or so rest stops we stopped at. At least it was pretty! |
![]() |
| Max was a little trooper. He loves to hike. |
![]() |
| Mason and Myles taking off together. |
![]() |
| The hikes wore Myles and Max out. They would fall asleep in the car as soon as we started driving after a hike. |
![]() |
| Mason being a good brother helping Max. One second after this Max biffed it and fell. |
![]() |
| Max resting while his brothers scaled some rocks. |
![]() |
| Mason is a hiker at heart. He loved climbing the rocks. |
![]() |
| Myles said his favorite part of the trip was McDonalds and swimming in the hotel. Marshall says next time we are vacationing in Sandy :) |
![]() |
| Relaxing in the hot tub. |
![]() |
| Mason |
![]() |
| Mason on top of the world. He requested I take this picture and send it to his grandparents. |
![]() |
| Myles in one of his funny moods. |
![]() |
| Myles the fish. |
| A rose. I kept saying "wow! Look at that cactus!" To a boy from Delta a cactus isn't a big deal, but for a girl from Canada they sure are. |
| It looked like it would be easy to get to climb to this arch, but once I got up there it was really hard to get down. |
| Anywhere Mason could climb he did. He kept saying "I can do it. I'm a mountain goat." |
| Best buddies. |
| Double arch. By the end of the hikes to the arches the boys sometimes got quite whiney. They kept saying "arch arch arch. What is so special about an arch? It is just a rock." Spoiled kids. |
| A pretty picture of the double arch. |
| Have I mentioned my kids hate to pose? |
| Delicate Arch from a distance. We really wanted to hike to it, but the kids max out at about a 2 mile hike at one time. Next time Marshall and I want to go back alone. |
| A lizard hiding. I had convinced Max to hold my hand to protect me from lizards. I said "what will you do if you see a lizard?" and he said "tell Mason to stomp on it!" |
| Max taking off down the trail. Of course a second after this he tripped and fell. By the end of the trip each kid had scraped up elbows and knees. |
| Called Park Avenue because the rocks look like the skyscrapers in NYC. |
| Again, my kids don't pose for pictures. |


















Comments