Solar Eclipse Party

On Saturday my mother-in-law hosted a beautiful tea party for all the women and girls in the family. I'm hoping someone will send me pictures so I can post on it later. But she ordered way too many gourmet desserts and so I was left with 4 big bakery boxes full of scones, tarts, mini-cheesecakes, and chocolate cups. So we decided to have a little neighborhood solar eclipse party on Sunday night. We just invited the families at the three houses that border ours, and we had a great time. I love casual summer nights visiting with friends!
The desserts--there were abotu twice this many still inside the house to come out when these were gone. Our guests were even kind enough to take the rest home so we weren't stuck with them.
Mason and his friend Daniel were really into the eclipse.
The nerd-dads. One of the guests was a BYU Physics professor, and the other a BYU Math professor. This means we had some brainy kids at the party. They were playing a game where they could only go down the slide if they answered which element corresponded to which number on the periodic table. No joke. These are elementary school kids. Finally Mason said "I don't know what you are talking about, but can I go down the slide anyway?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions