Pinewood Derby

Mason and Marshall have been looking forward to Mason's first pinewood derby for months now. A few weeks ago they went to Lowes and spent $150 on tools for the car! At first I flipped out a little--then I realized that with three boys doing three derby cars each, the tools would get plenty of use.
Marshall did a great job letting Mason design everything about the car. Mason drew out his plans,  Marshall cut it out and Mason sanded it. Mason then drew out how he wanted it to look (a Minecraft Creeper) and we had a great time painting it. I was surprised how long the whole thing took and so grateful that Mason had a dad to do this stuff with.

In his scout uniform ready to go. He was grumpy because I had been yelling at everyone to get going. Oops.

Mason insisted on writing "TNT" on the back of his car so the leaders named his car "Turbo-N-Terrific." I don't think any of the leaders had any idea it was from Minecraft, but a lot of the boys were pretty impressed.  Mason had a lot of fans there including a girl from school that has a crush on him (she was there with her family and kept cheering for him instead of her brother), his friend Daniel, and even his reading tutor. 

I just think he is the cutest little scout. He got his Bobcat award that night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions