Waterton Again

We headed up to Waterton again a few weeks ago along with Marshall's parents and nephew. We had a great time and I realized how much easier it is to be up there with a husband than alone with the kids! Here are a few highlights.
Driving up. So much better to share the driving. Truthfully I probably slept 70% of the day. Hello third trimester!

Marshall, his dad, his nephew, and Mason went on an overnight hike and camping trip to Bertha Lake. It was quite a hike for Mason but he was a trooper (I just about died on the hike last year). I had a huge panic when that afternoon we saw rescue helicopters flying back and forth to the lake and I went to the helipad to find out what was going on. After a few terrifying seconds they could tell me that it wasn't my family and I started bawling out of relief. Too similar to circumstances a few years ago when things didn't turn out as well. 

Mason ready for his hike.

Myles loved riding the "two-person bike" with his grandpa all over town. 

Little Max is OBSESSED with fishing (thanks Grandpa Delta) and wanted to spend every spare second fishing at the lake. He had wonderful stories made up about how he "almost" caught a huge fish but it got away and would spend any time at the cabin practicing casting with his toy fishing rod. 

After Deb and Russ left we had a fun few days with just our family. One day we took a picnic up to Red Rock and then went hiking in the creek. 

It was a lot easier to hike in after the big flood washed all this gravel down the creek.

If you look closely you can see the boys way down there (I stuck to the paved trail around the canyon). 

And of course no trip to Waterton would be complete without a visit to the ice cream store. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM