Hallelujah Soccer is OVER!!

We signed both Myles and Mason up for soccer this fall thinking it would be a good opportunity for them to exercise, learn a new skill, and meet new friends. I think we accomplished all those goals but boy was it difficult! Between 1-2 practices and 2 games per week per kid, soccer took up pretty much every evening for the last 6 weeks. I'm pretty sure neither kid will ever be soccer starts, and I don't think either team ever won a game, but they both are more confident in their athletic ability and had some fun.
Stinker Myles refused to look at the camera. The kid ran and ran constantly during games which was wonderful because when he got home at night he would go right to sleep. Marshall and I were joking that we are going to start making him run around the block a few times before bed every night. 

Poor Mason was the smallest kid on his team by quite a bit and had a coach that pushed him really, really hard. A few times he took some pretty hard hits by the ball but was proud of himself for "sacrificing" for the team and he improved so much over the season. 

Comments

Mrs.Goates said…
ONLY 6 WEEKS!!! I wish we were there. I signed up Elaine and Joyce for a lot of those same reasons - but our season is 12 weeks long. I am so jealous.

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM