Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of those holidays (like Halloween & New Year's Eve) that I hated when I was single and LOVE as a wife and mother. When life is going smoothly I love to make these holidays fun for the kids. I think traditions are important and add some fun into our lives. When life is not going smoothly, I feel like holidays are a burden and tend to either feel do nothing and feel guilty or go all out and feel drained. Fortunately, right now things are going smoothly and the holiday was fun.

Marshall was smart and beat the crowds. Wednesday he brought home these AMAZING cupcakes for me from Cravings. Now, I've tasted some amazing cupcakes. In addition to every cupcake shop in Provo, I've tried cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery and Sprinkles in NYC and Georgetown Cupcakes in DC. But I have to say these are definitely THE BEST I've tried. So far I've tried the white chocolate caramel, Boston creme pie, and some kind of chocolate mousse one and they were all amazing. Fortunately this place is directly across the street from Marshall's office in PG so he might start getting texts to bring one home once in a while!  Thursday these beautiful roses were delivered. He really went all out this Valentine's Day. 
I like to have little gifts and balloons for the kids on Valentine's Morning. I got Mason and Myles little Lego sets and chocolates, Max a Pez dispenser, special cup (he loves little plastic cups with straws), and chocolates, and I got McKay a little toy that sings. And I ended up buying him an exersaucer today too (we've given away the last 2 we've owned). I got Marshall a gushy card and some chocolates that seemed pretty lame after what he got me.  
McKay's gift to me was finally sleeping through the night (first time since before the RSV). When I woke up to feed him at 5:30 AM I felt well-rested for the first time in weeks and made the kids heart waffles with syrup, whipped cream, and pink sprinkles. Max skipped breakfast and ate 3 pez packages and his whole box of chocolates instead. And then asked for a bowl of whipped cream (um. . .that's where I draw the line). 
Hannah (our awesome nanny) made these little treats for the kids. Melted candy canes into hearts and filled with white chocolate.


I didn't have to work today and we still had Hannah, so I met Marshall and we went out for a delicious lunch. Then for dinner we got heart-shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy's and had Hannah and Ari for dinner. 

What a great day. I'm so lucky to have so much love in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM