McKay is 18 Months Old!




McKay turned 18 months on May 4th and we went to his well-child check today. He is normally a super-friendly baby, but he was NOT cooperative with the nurses or doctor. He would only let them check him out if they did the exact same thing to Max first, and fortunately Max, the nurses, and doctor were good sports. 

First, the stats:

Weight: 26 lbs (64th percentile)
Height: 33 inches (50th percentile)
Head: 18.5 inches (37th percentile)

I think he is the first of my boys who have been above the 1st percentile at 18 months! As the doctor said, he isn't obese or overweight, just big kid. He is very healthy, far exceeding all of the developmental milestones the doctor asked about. He had a bad reaction to penicillin a few months ago, and then when he got another ear infection a few weeks ago he got a different medication that gave him the worst diaper rash I've ever seen as well as thrush in his mouth. But he is mostly recovered from those, and aside from the runny nose he has had for the last month (allergies), he is very healthy. 

He is such a joy to have in our family. His brothers adore him and he adores them right back. He thinks he is their age and mimics whatever they do. His favorite words are chanting "pi-zza, pi-zza, pi-za", Uh-uh, yelling MOM and yelling DADA. He tries saying each of his brothers' names and we are starting to be able to tell the difference. He yells "AN-NA" as soon as Hannah arrives in the morning and is always happy to see Ari. He loves making sure that everyone in the family is wearing shoes, and always wants his shoes on just in case we happen to go somewhere (I think he doesn't want to get left behind). While he used to cry when he wakes up in the morning (always sleeping at least 12 hours), he now yells MOM or DADA at the top of his lungs over and over until we go get him. Then he says "I poopy" even if he isn't and cuddles until we change his diaper. He is way more mischievous than my other kids, and we have to keep a close eye on him. He has been known to find, in closed drawers, both my curling iron and the immersion blender, and plug them into outlets before being caught. A few weeks ago, while I was showering, he found a CHILDPROOF bottle of Advil in my purse in my closet, somehow opened it, and by the time I jumped out of the shower and got to him he had stuffed a whole handful of pills into his mouth. I scooped them out and counted them, and fortunately he had only swallowed 1 at the most (poison control said not to worry about it). 

I love this little guy so dang much and can't imagine not having him in our family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM