Anticipation

Despite having a great summer so far, the kids are VERY eagerly anticipating their first trip to Waterton this weekend.

Myles is counting down the days, and whatever the count he rolls his eyes and gives a huge sigh and says "that's way to long. . .I'm going to die waiting!"  When we ask him what he wants to do up there he gets a twinkle in his eye and says "go on grandpa's boat and go really fast!"

Max keeps talking about Canada and the playground and candy store. He also fully expects to find buckets and buckets of saskatoon berries waiting for him (he might have to wait until August).

Mason is by far the most excited. He is planning on staying 3 weeks (one with me up there, one alone with the grandparents, then one with the whole family). Last weekend I was driving him back from camping with his dad (he came home early because he had a stomach ache) and he talked and talked.

While driving, I said something about how pretty the mountains were and he said: "Mom, I just feel the spirit so much in Waterton. It is so beautiful and it makes me think that Heavenly Father must love us so so much because he could have just made an ugly world for us to live in, but instead he made amazing places like Waterton!"

Then he said "it would be so awesome if we could have our own cabin in Waterton." I explained to him that the cabin up there cost way more than our house and he said "like about a million dollars?" I said yes, and he said "I think any cabin in Waterton is worth WAY more than a million dollars. It's priceless."

He kept talking about going to Waterton and said that he was worried about Myles and Ari (our nanny's son who is coming with us) because "they are so addicted to videogames and will want to be on screens all the time." He said "there is absolutely no reason anyone should need screens in Canada. If they are bored, they can just look out the window and think about how beautiful it is."

I think we have a true Waterton fan.


And here are a few quick pictures from the last few weeks.
Poor Myles' hair is so heavy and thick that in the summer he begs to get it cut. But he looks pretty weird with a buzz cut. So I thought "what the heck, its summer, lets do a mohawk." He loves it, and we found some colored gels to put in it. He loves picking a color in the morning. 

I took Mason to the movie Inside Out. He had seen previews of it and was so excited to go just me and him. It was a great movie--everyone should see it!

McKay has discovered bubbles and would like to spend every second outside blowing and chasing bubbles. Fortunately he has in Myles an adoring and helpful brother who will do anything to make him happy. 

Max is such a silly-goose! One night I told him to go get his shoes on so that we could walk to the park. This is what he came down in. I asked him what he was and he said "a super-hero who hands out corn."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM