Bee Bingo
Yes, I know I over-do things. We'll just get that out of the way.
Last summer the kids worked hard on summer school and reading to earn a trip to Legoland. Well, we don't have any big trips for the kids on the horizon, but I wanted to motivate them to not just sit around and play videogames this summer. So I came up with the idea of doing BEE BINGO! Every day they get a new BEE BINGO card:
Last summer the kids worked hard on summer school and reading to earn a trip to Legoland. Well, we don't have any big trips for the kids on the horizon, but I wanted to motivate them to not just sit around and play videogames this summer. So I came up with the idea of doing BEE BINGO! Every day they get a new BEE BINGO card:
They have to complete "BEE BINGO" every day before they can use any screens (tv, movies, videogames, computers for fun, etc). Each of the squares is a different activity (i.e. Busy Bee = help mom for 30 minutes; BEE strong = exercise for 30 minutes; Bee a Speaker = practice their second language for 30 minutes; Bee a Teacher = Read to someone else for 30 minutes). They have actually really enjoyed doing this everyday so far. I made up a poster with the rules and instructions on it:
I may not be super crafty or creative in a lot of ways, but this is the kind of thing I LOVE to do. I've always thought I would love to be an elementary school teacher if I could just be in charge of organizing everything but not have to actually teach the kids :)


Comments