Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a great hit again, and I felt like I wasn't quite as stressed about it as usual. We had Marshall's parents, William, Candi and her 2 boys, Eric and his 5 kids, and my sister Jessica and her husband and their 4 boys. I made most of the traditional treats, except for the chicken kabobs (found out too late that I was out of chicken), divinity, and shortbread cookies. Please excuse the poor quality pictures--I was pretty busy!
The treat table. The first 2 layers of the jello salad set in the mold perfectly, but the third (raspberry layer) ruined it all. But luckily I had a back-up in a pan. Then at the last minute I ruined the aesthetics by just hurriedly squirting whipped cream on it. It tasted great though!

The spread. 

The kids all found something they loved to eat. 

The nativity was especially cute this year. The kids were all really into it. Here is McKay being a shepherd. 

Mason was a wise man.

Max insisted he wanted to be the angel, and he was nice to share the responsibility with his little cousin Rachel. 

My little shepherd. 

The kids were cute. 

We didn't have any babies small enough to be baby Jesus, and so we used the Jesus from the Little People Nativity. The kids were so sweet kneeling around it. 

We concluded the evening with a nice little program where the kids sang, Logan played the violin, and we sang carols. I'm so blessed to have such loving family so close by. We missed my parents (my mom is recovering from hip surgery) but the sadness from missing them was off-set by the relief that my mom finally got her surgery and was already feeling better than she has for months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM