It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like. . .

It's been busy around here, but what's new? We hosted Marshall's family, Norm and Carolyn's family and my dad for American Thanksgiving but of course I was too busy to take any picture. We had a really fun time and the best part was just having 5 days off of school and work to be together as a family.

Last Saturday we made chocolates with Jessica's family and my dad. Mason was really into it and got to both roll fondant and dip. In the past the kids haven't really been into eating the chocolates but this year they can't get enough of them! Every time I turn around they are sneaking into my office to get chocolates. McKay doesn't get the idea of moderation and just takes handfuls and stuffs them into his mouth, dribbling chocolate down his chin. I might need to make another batch and hide them. . .




Before going to Jessica's on Saturday we went to the mall to see Santa (no pictures allowed, sorry). The lego store had this incredible thing. You hold the box up to the camera and it shows what the Lego set looks like put together. Pretty cool. 


Max and I spent some time putting together his own gingerbread house. He even put his name on the roof so that no one would eat any of it.

We've been doing a lot of other fun stuff to get ready for Christmas. I'm trying to focus on service and kindness with the kids more this year because I just want them to understand how privileged they are and be thankful for all that they have. They each have a mini Christmas tree in their rooms. We had a FHE about how lights represent Jesus as the light of the world, and about how he was an example of how to treat people. I have a bowl of little ornaments and when they do an act of service or kindness they quietly take an ornament and put it on their tree. It has been so fun the last few days to see them sneaking around. They've cleaned each other's rooms, put little toys and lego creations under each others' trees, helped each other with homework, etc. I really love my little guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Need Advice & Suggestions