Updates

Just a few minor updates/things to remember in pictures from the last few weeks.

On Saturday McKay was riding his scooter in the garage (with his helmet on) and before we could stop him, he switched to his tricycle rode it down our very steep driveway. Marshall was trimming trees and I was trimming rosebushes and we both saw the whole thing happen in slow motion as we yelled towards him. Fortunately (because a busy road was at the end of the driveway) he took a big unfortunate (because OW) spill right before riding out into the road. I ran to him and picked him up and started taking him in the house to comfort him and he just got more and more upset. Finally I realized he was telling me to put him down, so I did. He ran to his bike, picked it up, and rode it down the block with blood dripping from his nose. 

Later we showed him his "owie" in the mirror (his arm was also scraped up) and asked what happened. He got a puzzled look on his face and said "I fell out of my bed?" We reminded him about falling off his bike, and since then he has told everyone we see that he crashed his bike. 

Marshall's dream came true last weekend when we decided Mason was old enough to mow the lawn. We bought a new, electric, self-propelled lawn mower (McKay and Max call it "the robot") and he mowed the entire lawn by himself (well, with a lot of unwanted instruction). 

Last week Marshall and I went up to the Church Administration Building for an interview with a General
Authority. No. . .we are not getting called to be mission presidents :) I applied for a job that required an interview with a GA and of course had to bring my husband to prove he was supportive. It went really well, even though I thought Marshall was going to have a full-blown panic attack when he was asked to bare his testimony on-demand. Poor guy.  After we went to the Microsoft Store to try their virtual reality stuff (AWESOME!) and then to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was so nice to get away on a real date. 

Earlier that same day I presented at the BYU Faculty Women's Association Annual Retreat about Resilience and Mindfulness. After the two hours of presentations for my interview earlier that week, along with teaching my regular classes, I didn't put as much time into preparing as I usually would have but it went REALLY WELL. I reminder that I tend to over-prepare and could cut way back. 

There has been a lot of stuff about BYU and Title IX in the news media lately and it has been really troubling to me as someone who cares a lot about preventing sexual assault on campus. But I do feel very lucky to be a part of a great group of therapists who confidentially treat and support victims and always Start By Believing. 

The last night of the kids' spring break Mason and Myles camped out in the backyard. Myles needed one more camp-out before his birthday to earn his scout award. Max was in Delta and I didn't tell McKay this was happening because he never would have gone to bed. Our amazing neighbor, Steve Pitts, came by with his gas fire pit and marshmallows and we had a great impromptu marshmallow roast. 


One day of Spring Break we went to the Clark Planetarium and had a fun time. This is the kids in Mars and the Moon. 

Me all dressed up for day 2 of 3 days of interviews. Exhausting! It is absolutely ridiculous how much time and energy and emotion went into what I would wear. 

When we were in SLC we went on TRAX so that McKay could ride a train. He loved it and said "choo choo" the whole time. 

McKay was so excited to be on the train. 

Max and McKay have been having a hard time getting along and after a big fight (during which Max ran away because he "didn't want to be in our family anymore") we made this sign and he spent the rest of the week in Delta with his grandparents being spoiled rotten for Spring Break. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM