Back to School

Why ain't it always summer!? It is always so hard when summer and the fun in Waterton ends, but we were determined to make a good start to the new school year. There have been a lot of big changes with me working full-time and Hannah (super nanny) having to quit to finish her bachelor's degree (yay for her). I visited 8 different daycares and preschools trying to find somewhere that would be good for McKay while I was at work and was feeling pretty discouraged until I stumbled across this one on Facebook and was amazed it actually had an opening. It's called It's Fun to Learn and is a preschool for ages 2-5 run by a wonderful woman named Linda. It is run out of a separate part of her house, she has all the licenses necessary plus extras she does she to ensure the best standards, and she truly LOVES the kids she works with. There are never more than 8 kids and usually it is just 4 or 5 at a time. While there, McKay has (a second) breakfast, school time, lunch time, nap time, and then I come get him at about 3 PM after he wakes up from his nap. He had a hard time saying goodbye for a while, but Linda posts pictures on Facebook for the parents throughout the day and so I get to be reassured that he is having a great time. When I pick him up he runs back and says bye to his teacher and friends and skips to the car talking about all the things he learned.
This was his first day at school. I was worried he wouldn't take a nap and so I brought in his little Paw Patrol couch. He has been having a nap in it every day he is there (I'm able to stay home with him a few days a week). 

McKay painting at school. 

She has great playground equipment. 


Here is the yearly back-to-school photo of the boys. I can't believe how much they are growing up! Mason is in 6th grade, is on student council, French immersion, plays the trumpet, and is on the swim team. Myles is in 4th grade, learning Chinese at school and with a tutor, and is doing Karate lessons. Max is in 1st grade and is also doing Karate and attending Miss Michelle's Joyfully Read program to brush up on his reading skills. They are busy (but happy) boys. Next week Max and Myles start swimming lessons!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM