Last trip to Waterton of 2016 (Trip #5)

I wasn't planning on taking this last trip to Waterton because I was supposed to start my new job on August 1st. BUT. . .my new office wasn't ready and I figured I could get just as much done in the evenings in Waterton as I could at home, so we headed up for one final week of bliss (poor Marshall stayed home to work).
It is amazing how easy it is to drive to Canada with these kids. By now I've got it down! We've found that McKay is happier in the back with the big boys, we know which gas stations to stop at, which snacks and movies to bring, and I've learned that if I have a good audio book the trip goes by very fast. 

When we were in Waterton Gail was driving a charter bus in from Lethbridge and had some time to kill in Waterton. She knows McKay loves school bus and made his day by stopping by the cabin and letting him play in it. 


We woke him up from his nap to see the bus and I think he thought he was still dreaming. 

He sat here for hours singing "the wheels on the bus".

By the end of the summer the kids were feeling adventurous and wanted to go tubing behind grandpa's boat in the COLD water. They kept tempting grandpa to buck them off but he just couldn't do it!

This big tube is just perfect for the three big boys. 
The kids liked stopping at "driftwood beach" and building teepee club houses. 

At night I would sometimes have to resort to driving McKay around in the bike stroller until he would finally fall asleep. This time he was being particularly AWAKE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Coming Home!!!

Quick Update

Miraculous Update July 4th 6 AM